Monday 12 May 2014

Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm Review



Hi you guys!
I've recently gone through a bit of a skincare infatuation. For my makeup to look great, my face has to be in good shape also! So I've been on the hunt for the perfect skincare routine to give me flawless, glowing skin so I don't feel the need to wear makeup (pffft as if that will ever happen). I came across the Boots Botanics range a little while ago and since it was on special offer, decided to give the hot cloth cleansing balm a go.



It comes in a white box with the container and a muslin cloth inside. I'm not fond of the muslin cloth that's in the box as I felt it wasn't that great so I normally just use my muslin cloth that I picked up in Superdrug when I'm using this. The product is a yelow/green coloured balm which is hard when in its container but softens when you scoop it out and melts onto the skin as you use it. You're meant to massage it into the skin for a minute or two and then remove using the cloth and hot water. It feels like a thick oil on the skin and has a pleasant smell to it. To remove, I rub the the cloth in small circular motions on my face to remove the product. I then have to rinse the cloth and repeat again because it can be difficult to fully remove all the product from my face (which can be a bit of a nuisance). To finish I soak the cloth in cold water and gently compress across my face to close my pores.

The Ingredients: as you can see the balm contains no mineral oil,  parabens
or silicone. All things I've been trying to cut out of my skincare as of recently

This is the best product I've come across so far for removing makeup. It removes everything in one go! I can't rave enough about it.There are a few cons to this cleanser: it takes a while to remove it fully, you're never fully sure if you've gotten all the product off your face and the cloth that comes with it isn't great. But otherwise this is a great cleanser and is part of my night time routine and i plan to keep it there for the foreseeable future.

Don't forget to enter my 100 followers GIVEAWAY!!


xx



7 comments:

  1. I really want to try that iv never seen it in boots before I'm gonna have a look when I go town at the weekend it looks lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go and let me know how you get on!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this before but I really want to try it now! I love balm cleansers, they leave my skin so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to use this! I really liked it too :)
    Rachel
    xx
    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice alternative to using makeup wipes! Need something softer for my skin so this sounds perfect! xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya definitely ditch the makeup wipes! This removes makeup much much better! And it doesn't strip the skin at all so it still feels soft!
      xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds lovely really tempted by it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every single one and reply to as many as I can. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog (I normally check them out anyway because I'm nosey)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40988914-1